The Best Biscuits and Sausage Gravy

 


Sausage Biscuits and Gravy

This is my all time FAVORITE food. If I could, I would eat this for days. This recipe has been kept in many generations without any change. With my family, we had biscuits and gravy before outdoor adventures. I remember my dad getting up at 4 a.m. to make this deliciousness before an early morning trout fishing trip. It's definitely homey, hearty, and down-home delicious.

Here's what you'll need:

- 1/4 cup All-purpose flour

- Sage sausage 1 lb.

- Any brand flaky layer biscuits 

- 1- 1 1/2 cup Whole milk or lactose- milk

The secret to this recipe is to use SAGE sausage. The sausage I use is Tennessee Pride sage sausage and it provides all the flavor you need. With the photo provided below and when I make this, I start with the flour and then figure out now much thick or thin I want the gravy. So in these photos, I used less than 1 cup of lactose-free whole milk. I have not noticed a differences in consistency between lactose-free or regular whole milk. 

I think there is nothing better to serve this on than with lightly brown toasted flaky layered biscuits. If you really want to get southern with it, drizzle a little bit of raw honey on top. 

I hope y'all enjoy this recipe as much as I do!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts